August 20, 2020
If you’ve scheduled your first cosmetic dentistry appointment, you’re already one step closer toward achieving the smile of your dreams. This consultation gives you and your cosmetic dentist in Odessa a chance to discuss your smile goals. However, it’s important to do all you can to prepare for this visit so you can set yourself up for the best results. Read on to learn some questions you can ask your cosmetic dentist to prepare for your visit and learn more about your treatment options.
But First, What Happens During Your Consultation?
Think of this visit as a way your dentist can map out exactly how they can transform your smile. After carefully examining your oral health, and any cosmetic flaws that negatively impact your appearance, your dentist can develop a personalized treatment plan. Using this as a guide, they provide you with beautiful results that meet or exceed your expectations.
Important Questions for Your Cosmetic Dentist
However, this appointment is also a great time to speak with your dentist about any questions or concerns you may have. You can start by asking your cosmetic dentist some questions about their experience and qualifications, including:
- Do they have any board-certifications or additional training in cosmetic dentistry services like veneers, Invisalign, or teeth whitening?
- How often do they perform the cosmetic services that you’re interested in?
- Are the services that you want right for you? If not, are there alternative options you can select to achieve your desired results?
- Can they give you a preview of your results before you commit to your treatment?
- Will you need to be sedated during your procedure?
- What are the benefits and risks of the procedure?
- What is the estimated cost of your treatment? Is there alternative financing available?
Mental Notes During Your Consultation
There are also some questions you should ask yourself during your consultation to ensure that you’re choosing the right dentist, including:
- Is the office clean and well organized?
- Does the staff seem friendly and knowledgeable?
- Do you feel comfortable when you’re at the office?
- Does your dentist answer your questions fully?
- Do you feel at ease talking with your cosmetic dentist and their staff?
- Does your cosmetic dentist’s recommendations align with your own smile goals?
If your dentist is checking all or most of the above box’s, then you’re ready to continue your journey toward a dazzling smile. Just remember these significant questions to ask so you’re as prepared as possible for your initial consultation!
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Steven W. Cobb is an experienced dentist who takes pride in boosting his patients’ self-esteem and confidence with cosmetic dentistry. He attended the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, where he gained extensive knowledge and training in cosmetic dentistry. For any questions, he can be reached through his website or by phone at (432) 367-4774.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.