Nightguards for Bruxism – Odessa, TX
Safeguarding Your Smile
Are you prone to grinding your teeth at night? Does stress seem to fill your day and unknowingly wreak havoc on your smile while you’re sleeping? If so, you may need the help of a qualified professional who understands the effects of bruxism and how it can be alleviated. When seeing Dr. Steve W. Cobb for assistance, he can provide you with a custom nightguard to better protect your teeth and effectively safeguard your smile. Contact our office to learn how this uniquely made oral appliance can keep your tooth enamel from wearing down as well as reduce the intense pain you may be feeling in your jaw.
What is Bruxism?
Bruxism is a clinical term that is used to describe the common practice of unconscious teeth grinding or clenching at night. Affecting children, teenagers, and adults, it is usually brought on by stress or anxiety, but it can also develop as a result of a poorly aligned bite. Without proper treatment, you can begin to experience worn down tooth enamel that can lead to significant damage as well as frequent headaches and chronic jaw pain. Over time, you may be unable to function normally at home, work, or school.
How to Tell if You Grind Your Teeth at Night
Until you decide it is time to meet with your dentist in Odessa to discuss your teeth grinding issue, you may notice one or more of the following signs develop as a result of your bruxism:
How a Customized Nightguard Can Help
Once you meet with Dr. Steve W. Cobb to discuss your candidacy for a custom nightguard in Odessa, you will begin to notice a dramatic difference in the way your facial structure feels. If brought on by stress or anxiety, additional steps can be taken to address these problems, such as talking to a counselor, meditation, exercising, or adopting healthier food options, which will only help to improve your symptoms over time. With a customized nightguard, you can:
- Enjoy a non-invasive treatment option that only requires that you wear your appliance at night while you sleep. There is no surgery required.
- Embrace a more cost-effective solution, compared to other more complex and invasive treatments.
- Begin to notice an improvement in only a matter of days. Your teeth, jaw, and other facial structures will no longer cause as much discomfort.
- Enjoy a healthier, more beautiful smile because your nightguard will successfully create a protective barrier that keeps your teeth from touching and relaxes your facial muscles. As a result, your teeth will not appear worn down.
- Expect an oral appliance that is custom-made by lab technicians who will use the specifications provided by Dr. Steve W. Cobb to create a unique appliance that is comfortable to wear.